- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Kenyan Orphans Reenact Famous “Steal By Bird” Play
The children of the Grace Care Orphanage in West Nairobi, Kenya, are no strangers to the reenactment game. They recreated the end of Game 6 of the 1986 World Series back in June (you know the one: “The ball gets by Buckner!”). They’re back for another go, this time taking on the final moments of game 5 of the 1987 NBA Eastern Conference Finals between the Detroit Pistons and the Larry Bird-led Boston Celtics.
Worth noting before we get to the video is that these reenactments aren’t just for fun; they’re also for charity. The Grace Care Centre hopes to raise awareness of their organization to garner donations to be used to build a playing field for the over 200 children they house. So, you know, enjoy the video, but also remember these kids aren’t just goofing around. For more information on how you can help, read on here.
In the meantime, in case you need a refresher, the actual game ended dramatically with the Celtics, down 107-106 in the final seconds of the game, needing a miracle as the visiting Pistons had the lead and the ball. Luckily, they had Larry Bird on their side. Bird stole the ensuing inbound pass from Detroit guard Isiah Thomas and hit a cutting Dennis Johnson for the game-winning layup with one second left. The play was further immortalized by the unforgettable call by raspy-voiced Celtics announcer Johnny Most.
What was your favorite part? The cameo by “Sports Guy” Bill Simmons? Yeah, me, too.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week