- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Kevin Love: Not Necessarily Going To The Lakers Next Year
Everyone and their mother knows that Kevin Love is going to the Lakers at some point — whether it’s after his contract with the Timberwolves runs out after the 2015 season, or if said Wolves decide to cut their losses and trade Love for whatever garbage the Lakers deem appropriate to send Minnesota’s way, because that’s what the Lakers do. It doesn’t help that the Wolves have fallen off playoff pace after a blistering start, and the team generally looks unhappy.
Not so fast, everyone and their mother: Love himself has a quote in the latest issue of GQ that throws a small but useful amount of water on the L.A.-bound flames (emphasis ours):
Now that he looks like a leading man—and with free agency looming as an option at the end of next season, and the Wolves not exactly killing it on the court—everyone assumes that his next big move is to Los Angeles. He’s dating actress Cody Horn, a California girl, and his Beach Boy uncle, Mike, co-wrote “California Girls.” So fess up, Kev: You’re gone, right? “People think it’s so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota,” he says. “And I’m not shitting on the Lakers, but we have the better team, the better foundation. I’m having fun.” Note the present tense.
This wouldn’t be the first time a great player from a small market expressed interest in staying in said market before bolting, so we’ll be sure to throw this quote back in his face
if when that happens.
Photo via Getty
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World