- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colbert On Husain Abdullah's Wrongly Penalized TD Prayer
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Kobe Bryant Asked Twitter For Entertainment Suggestions — Here’s What Twitter Delivered
The Lakers play for just a few hours every couple of days, so there’s only so much coaching Kobe Bryant can do from the couch/hot tub/balcony overlooking Los Angeles. He can’t do much with that torn ACL, so how will he fill up his rehab hours? That’s where you come in, Twitter-verse. Got any suggestions for the Mamba?
Kobe posed that very question on Saturday:
I need to be entertained or I will just think of work non stop. Any shows, movies, books etc.. you can recommend?
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) April 20, 2013
Surprisingly, considering the date, the majority of the answers were not “smoke mad weed” or something else to that effect. Many of Bryant’s followers delivered suggestions, which fell into three basic categories:
1. Shameless self-promotions:
@kobebryant I work at FOX, can send you any FOX show DVD’s. I know you like New Girl!
— Jonathan Gabay (@GabayJonathan) April 20, 2013
@kobebryant YouTube Dormtainment
— Dormtainment(@Dormtainment) April 20, 2013
— hulu (@hulu) April 20, 2013
2. Suggestions that read like every college student’s Netflix account:
@kobebryant Spartacus, duck dynasty, the voice all gr8 shows
— Kasey Keys (@KaseyKeys) April 20, 2013
— Domîngo Dean (@QuesTheKiD) April 20, 2013
@kobebryant Movies- Flight , Safe House, Soul Men, 42… Shows- Parks & Recreation , Law & Order SVU ….. Invest in a ps3 and netflix lol
— basquiat.. (@slystillst0ned) April 20, 2013
@kobebryant watch Billy Bathgate. After that, Kurosawa’s Dreams
— Landen Rose (@EIYNHLA) April 20, 2013
— Willie Hunter (@WillHunterShow) April 20, 2013
— Jeremy Rowley (@Jeremy_Rowley) April 20, 2013
Bonus category: Phil Jackson.
@kobebryant read shantaram-great mysterious read of another culture-it will keep you occupied until game time. Patience is a virtue
— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) April 20, 2013
Classic Zen master. Classic Twitter.
Image via Getty
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'