- The 6 Most Disappointingly Slow Fantasy Baseball Starts
- Kids Eat Free: NCAA Rules Athletes Get Unlimited Meals And Snacks
- Quote Of The Year: Pavel Datsyuk On The Red Wings Being Underdogs
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Kobe Bryant Asked Twitter For Entertainment Suggestions — Here’s What Twitter Delivered
The Lakers play for just a few hours every couple of days, so there’s only so much coaching Kobe Bryant can do from the couch/hot tub/balcony overlooking Los Angeles. He can’t do much with that torn ACL, so how will he fill up his rehab hours? That’s where you come in, Twitter-verse. Got any suggestions for the Mamba?
Kobe posed that very question on Saturday:
I need to be entertained or I will just think of work non stop. Any shows, movies, books etc.. you can recommend?
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) April 20, 2013
Surprisingly, considering the date, the majority of the answers were not “smoke mad weed” or something else to that effect. Many of Bryant’s followers delivered suggestions, which fell into three basic categories:
1. Shameless self-promotions:
@kobebryant I work at FOX, can send you any FOX show DVD’s. I know you like New Girl!
— Jonathan Gabay (@GabayJonathan) April 20, 2013
@kobebryant YouTube Dormtainment
— Dormtainment(@Dormtainment) April 20, 2013
— hulu (@hulu) April 20, 2013
2. Suggestions that read like every college student’s Netflix account:
@kobebryant Spartacus, duck dynasty, the voice all gr8 shows
— Kasey Keys (@KaseyKeys) April 20, 2013
— Domîngo Dean (@QuesTheKiD) April 20, 2013
@kobebryant Movies- Flight , Safe House, Soul Men, 42… Shows- Parks & Recreation , Law & Order SVU ….. Invest in a ps3 and netflix lol
— basquiat.. (@slystillst0ned) April 20, 2013
@kobebryant watch Billy Bathgate. After that, Kurosawa’s Dreams
— Landen Rose (@EIYNHLA) April 20, 2013
— Willie Hunter (@WillHunterShow) April 20, 2013
— Jeremy Rowley (@Jeremy_Rowley) April 20, 2013
Bonus category: Phil Jackson.
@kobebryant read shantaram-great mysterious read of another culture-it will keep you occupied until game time. Patience is a virtue
— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) April 20, 2013
Classic Zen master. Classic Twitter.
Image via Getty
- Colin Kaepernick Finally Speaks Up: Is He Guilty?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.