- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Kobe Bryant: “Only Thing I Fear Is Bees”
Big ups to Kobe for the reminder that the only thing we have to fear is
fear itself bees.
After the Lakers’ big win over Toronto last night, Kobe Bryant was asked whether he fears failure, for some reason. Kobe had an interesting response to the not-so-interesting question.
Kobe on fear of failure: “Fear? Fear for what? Only thing I fear is bees.”
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) March 9, 2013
Kobe when asked about ‘fear’: “I don’t f— with bees, man. Other than that, I’m not afraid of nothing.”
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) March 9, 2013
While this might sound like Kobe was just being hilarious, I think he was actually serious. Consider the following:
1. Kobe ran Shaquille O’Neal, a man listed at 7’1″ 325 lbs., out of town.
2. Kobe consistently challenges the manhoods of seven-footers Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol.
3. Kobe was bored when the artist formerly known as Ron Artest got in his face and looked ready to throw down.
I don’t think there is any doubt that Kobe is a bad dude. I also don’t think there’s any doubt that any one of us would lose control of our bowels if put in any of the above situations. Even Russell Westbrook, who has drawn comparisons to a young Kobe this year with his fearlessness and ferocity on the court, has backed down from Uncle Ron Ron even after his transformation into the slightly more docile Metta World Peace.
Still, it’s comforting to know that when it comes down to it, Kobe is like any of us when it comes to bees and would quickly channel his inner Nic Cage when confronted with the nasty little honey guzzlers.
- Filed Under:
- Kobe Bryant
- Virgil Hunter: Manny Got Put to Sleep
- Will Timothy Bradley Take Down Pacquiao Again?
- Can Maidana Overpower Mayweather?
- Did Mayweather Avoid Fighting Amir Khan?