- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Kobe Bryant: The Miami Heat Have “Formed Voltron” (Video)
Kobe Bryant was interviewed by Derek Fisher today on “Jim Rome is Burning,” and one quote in particular has quickly become a Twitter favorite.
Bryant was asked about the Miami Heat, and their free agent signees LeBron James and Chris Bosh. His assessment?
“When you look at what they’ve been able to assemble…they’ve basically formed Voltron.” Video here:
Voltron, in case you didn’t know, is an enormous anime mech from a 1980′s cartoon of the same name. It’s assembled from numerous other parts, to form one giant warrior robot.
“Forming Voltron” has also entered the American lexicon as a way of describing famous people joining forces, thanks to rappers who spent their childhoods watching Saturday morning TV.
Although Bryant still maintained that the Lakers are the team to beat next season, his comparison of Miami’s roster to Voltron is terrifying. My question: who’s the head?
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- The Bible Gets in the Way for Manny Pacquiao
- Is Manny Pacquiao The Next Best Fighter To Mayweather?