- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- DeMarcus Cousins Should Be On The Next Comedy Central Roast
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Kobe Bryant: The Miami Heat Have “Formed Voltron” (Video)
Kobe Bryant was interviewed by Derek Fisher today on “Jim Rome is Burning,” and one quote in particular has quickly become a Twitter favorite.
Bryant was asked about the Miami Heat, and their free agent signees LeBron James and Chris Bosh. His assessment?
“When you look at what they’ve been able to assemble…they’ve basically formed Voltron.” Video here:
Voltron, in case you didn’t know, is an enormous anime mech from a 1980′s cartoon of the same name. It’s assembled from numerous other parts, to form one giant warrior robot.
“Forming Voltron” has also entered the American lexicon as a way of describing famous people joining forces, thanks to rappers who spent their childhoods watching Saturday morning TV.
Although Bryant still maintained that the Lakers are the team to beat next season, his comparison of Miami’s roster to Voltron is terrifying. My question: who’s the head?
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?