- Jay Cutler Walked Into The Stadium Looking Douchier Than Ever
- The Real Reason The Vikings Don't 'Foresee' Adrian Peterson 'In Their Future'
- Mike Francesa Explains Why Roger Goodell Isn't Going Anywhere Anytime Soon
- Dear God This Kid Was Really Excited To Give A Post-Game Interview
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Kobe Bryant: The Miami Heat Have “Formed Voltron” (Video)
Kobe Bryant was interviewed by Derek Fisher today on “Jim Rome is Burning,” and one quote in particular has quickly become a Twitter favorite.
Bryant was asked about the Miami Heat, and their free agent signees LeBron James and Chris Bosh. His assessment?
“When you look at what they’ve been able to assemble…they’ve basically formed Voltron.” Video here:
Voltron, in case you didn’t know, is an enormous anime mech from a 1980′s cartoon of the same name. It’s assembled from numerous other parts, to form one giant warrior robot.
“Forming Voltron” has also entered the American lexicon as a way of describing famous people joining forces, thanks to rappers who spent their childhoods watching Saturday morning TV.
Although Bryant still maintained that the Lakers are the team to beat next season, his comparison of Miami’s roster to Voltron is terrifying. My question: who’s the head?
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence