- THANK YOU COCAINE: Puma Gets PWND By Twitter In Epic Marketing Fail
- Everybody Get On The Connor Shaw Hype Train
- TONIGHT SHOW: Tiger Breaks Jimmy Fallon's Balls, Fallon Breaks Rory McIlroy's Face
- This Isn't The First Time Steve Ballmer Has Gone Bananas At An Event
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
2013 D-League MVP Played 41 Minutes Last Night For The Lakers Because Pau Gasol Says They’ve Been “Murdered By Injuries”
When you think “MVP” and “Lakers”, you probably think Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Kobe, Andrew Goudelock…
Wait, who is Andrew Goudelock?
He’s the starting 2 guard for the Los Angeles Lakers, thats who. And he played almost the entire game in last night’s 31 point loss to the San Antonio Spurs. Goudelock, a 6’3″ who-really-cares-what-his-preferred-position-is-at-this-point out of The College Of Charleston, was drafted by the Lakers in 2011, and immediately sent to the D-League. This season he avaeraged 21.4 PPG and 5.8 APG for the Sioux Falls Sky Force, garnering Most Valuable Player honors. When everybody went down on their NBA affiliate a few weeks ago, Goudelock was called up.
To basically replace Kobe Bryant.
“It’s difficult because we have lineups out there that we’re not accustomed to,” Paul Gasol told the L.A. Times.
Ya, no kidding.
Interestingly enough, Goudelock scored 20 pts on 8-17 shooting. Not half bad for a guy who’s been playing in the city known as “that place on the weather channel map that’s at -25 degrees Fahrenheit.” Too bad offense wasn’t the most pressing issue last night for the Loss Angeles Breakers (see what I did there?)
They gave up, gulp, 120 points to a team that averages 102.
Down 3-0, the Lakers are looking a their first sweep (on the bad end) since the Mavericks did it in 2011, en route to an NBA Championship. “We’re extremely short-handed,” Gasol added. Like, literally? Oh, I get what you’re saying. Ya, totally dude.
Photos Via Getty H/T LATimes.com
- Daniel Jacobs Wants To Face GGG
- Clay Guida Shares His Opinion on PEDs
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever