- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
2013 D-League MVP Played 41 Minutes Last Night For The Lakers Because Pau Gasol Says They’ve Been “Murdered By Injuries”
When you think “MVP” and “Lakers”, you probably think Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Kobe, Andrew Goudelock…
Wait, who is Andrew Goudelock?
He’s the starting 2 guard for the Los Angeles Lakers, thats who. And he played almost the entire game in last night’s 31 point loss to the San Antonio Spurs. Goudelock, a 6’3″ who-really-cares-what-his-preferred-position-is-at-this-point out of The College Of Charleston, was drafted by the Lakers in 2011, and immediately sent to the D-League. This season he avaeraged 21.4 PPG and 5.8 APG for the Sioux Falls Sky Force, garnering Most Valuable Player honors. When everybody went down on their NBA affiliate a few weeks ago, Goudelock was called up.
To basically replace Kobe Bryant.
“It’s difficult because we have lineups out there that we’re not accustomed to,” Paul Gasol told the L.A. Times.
Ya, no kidding.
Interestingly enough, Goudelock scored 20 pts on 8-17 shooting. Not half bad for a guy who’s been playing in the city known as “that place on the weather channel map that’s at -25 degrees Fahrenheit.” Too bad offense wasn’t the most pressing issue last night for the Loss Angeles Breakers (see what I did there?)
They gave up, gulp, 120 points to a team that averages 102.
Down 3-0, the Lakers are looking a their first sweep (on the bad end) since the Mavericks did it in 2011, en route to an NBA Championship. “We’re extremely short-handed,” Gasol added. Like, literally? Oh, I get what you’re saying. Ya, totally dude.
Photos Via Getty H/T LATimes.com
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts