- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
2013 D-League MVP Played 41 Minutes Last Night For The Lakers Because Pau Gasol Says They’ve Been “Murdered By Injuries”
When you think “MVP” and “Lakers”, you probably think Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Kobe, Andrew Goudelock…
Wait, who is Andrew Goudelock?
He’s the starting 2 guard for the Los Angeles Lakers, thats who. And he played almost the entire game in last night’s 31 point loss to the San Antonio Spurs. Goudelock, a 6’3″ who-really-cares-what-his-preferred-position-is-at-this-point out of The College Of Charleston, was drafted by the Lakers in 2011, and immediately sent to the D-League. This season he avaeraged 21.4 PPG and 5.8 APG for the Sioux Falls Sky Force, garnering Most Valuable Player honors. When everybody went down on their NBA affiliate a few weeks ago, Goudelock was called up.
To basically replace Kobe Bryant.
“It’s difficult because we have lineups out there that we’re not accustomed to,” Paul Gasol told the L.A. Times.
Ya, no kidding.
Interestingly enough, Goudelock scored 20 pts on 8-17 shooting. Not half bad for a guy who’s been playing in the city known as “that place on the weather channel map that’s at -25 degrees Fahrenheit.” Too bad offense wasn’t the most pressing issue last night for the Loss Angeles Breakers (see what I did there?)
They gave up, gulp, 120 points to a team that averages 102.
Down 3-0, the Lakers are looking a their first sweep (on the bad end) since the Mavericks did it in 2011, en route to an NBA Championship. “We’re extremely short-handed,” Gasol added. Like, literally? Oh, I get what you’re saying. Ya, totally dude.
Photos Via Getty H/T LATimes.com
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- The 10 Bloodiest Fights Of All Time
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?