- 4 Fantasy Football Apps To Help You Draft a Championship Team
- Chargers Announcer Makes Anti-Semitic Joke, Goes Bye-Bye For One Game
- Sports Illustrated Is Obsessed With NFC Quarterbacks
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Larry Sanders ‘Studies’ Marijuana And Uses It For ‘Medical’ Purposes And Is ‘Deprived’
In case you haven’t already heard the news, Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders earned himself a five-game suspension yesterday for violating the NBA’s drug policy after testing positive for marijuana. This the third such violation of Sanders’ career, and while he was apologetic for letting the team and all nine Bucks fans down, he did take the opportunity of his interview with the Journal-Sentinel to voice his opinion on the legality of his herb of choice.
“It’s something I feel strongly about, just to let you know something personal about me. I will deal with the consequences from it. It’s a banned substance in my league. But I believe in marijuana and the medical side of it. I know what it is if I’m going to use it.”
Sure, Larry. We understand. You’ve dealt with some injury issues and the prescribed painkillers that team physicians can give you don’t really compare to that joint you rolled on your coffee table.
“I study it and I know the benefits it has. In a lot of ways we’ve been deprived. You can’t really label it with so many other drugs that people can be addicted to and have so many negative effects on your body and your family and your relationships and impairment. This is not the same thing.”
What’s that, Larry? You study it? Tell us more about how deprived you millionaire athletes are since your league won’t let you use illegal drugs. If any of use regular citizens test positive for pot, we get worse than a five-game suspension.
Let’s remember that this is the same guy who got into a night club fight right after the season started and tore a ligament in his thumb, sidelining him for eight weeks. But let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he would never do something like smoke marijuana recreationally because he enjoys it and not because it provides him any medicinal benefits. That would be crazy, right?
- Cung Le is Martial Artist Through and Through
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job