- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Bizarre Scene At European Youth Boxing Match, Ref Gets KO'd
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Bryce Brown Or Anthony Dixon -- Which Bills RB Should You Grab?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
LeBron Can’t Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
When you’re LeBron James, even a simple thing like choosing your number comes with loads of carry-on baggage. Of course he was No. 6 with the Miami Heat — his Olympic number — after changing it from No. 23, which he wore when he was originally with the Cavaliers.
And as you know, earlier today LeBron announced on Instagram (wow) that he’s going back to No. 23 now that he’s back with the Cavs.
— LeBron James (@KingJames) July 27, 2014
Normally I wouldn’t care in the least, and NEITHER SHOULD YOU. It’s just numerals on laundry, people.
Except in this case, LeBron is making things very awkward. We take you now to 2009, when LeBron said:
“I just think what Michael Jordan has done for the game has to be recognized some way soon,” said James, who has worn 23 since he was a high school sophomore. “There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dwyane Wade if there wasn’t Michael Jordan first.
“He can’t get the logo [Hall of Famer Jerry West's silhouette adorns the NBA's logo], and if he can’t, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I’m starting a petition, and I’ve got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I’m not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it.”
Jesus LeBron, pick a lane.
Four players currently wear No. 23: Jason Richardson (Philadelphia 76ers), Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors), Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans) and Kevin Martin (Minnesota Timberwolves).
Just think how proud Green is going to be when the NBA one day retires his number.
- Filed Under:
- LeBron James
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts