- Fantasy Football Offensive Primer For The 2014 NFL Season
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brian Hoyer Is The Starter In Cleveland, But Not For Long
- The NFL's VP Of Officiating Explains The Crazy Spike In Penalties
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Here Come The LeBron And Carmelo To The Lakers Rumors…
LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony are going to be free agents in 2014, which means that Twitter will explode. The Los Angeles Lakers will undoubtedly have lots of cap space (they could even have literally $0 committed if they listen to Bill Simmons), and they’re the Lakers, so they’ll be major players, or at least major rumor-mongerers.
But this isn’t us making stuff up, this is a real rumor from real journalists.
Opinions are split on whether the Lakers can actually land James or Anthony, with one source calling it “realistic” and another saying it was “far-fetched at this point.” Nonetheless, the Lakers have made it clear they are positioning themselves for a run at one and perhaps even two of the superstars who could become free agents in 2014 by refusing to commit to any contract past this next season, multiple sources have said.
Of course, Kobe Bryant still wants to play in 2014, and so far, he’s saying he won’t take a paycut. And it’d be hard to believe the Lakers would let him go, logic aside.
Also: would LeBron and Melo together make sense, basketball-wise? What about Kobe with one or both? Seems weird. Then again, Olympics. And cap-wise, it’s feasible in a Heat-like scenario, depending on if anything happens with Steve Nash.
The point is: Melo has a decent situation in New York, and it’s hard to imagine him leaving unless he teams up with LeBron or another superstar. And, for LeBron: he’s got a decent situation in Miami, as well as the saliva-inducing option of returning home to Cleveland and playing with Kyrie Irving and Andrew Bynum, and having his hometown haters love him again.
If LeBron has a brain, he would stay in Miami or go to Cleveland. But as he proved last time, there might be nothing up there besides rainbows and passing lanes.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts