- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
LeBron James: Good At Basketball, Less Good At Backing Up Trash Talk
The Heat lost their third straight game last night, getting blown out in D.C. by the Washington Wizards. The final score (114-97) wasn’t indicative of how much the Wizards dominated, leading the two-time defending champs by more than 30 at one point.
This loss by the Heat was especially strange, considering some of LeBron James’ comments before the game. Word got back to LeBron that people thought he might be “coasting” through the regular season, so he said this:
“We’ll see Wednesday how I’m coasting,” James said jokingly as he made his way into the Heat locker room on Monday. “You’ll see the numbers I’ll put up on Wednesday. Just watch.”
Then Wednesday came, and the Heat, fresh off their visit to the White House, looked to be running at about half the speed that the Wizards were. This happened in the first minute of the game, setting the tone for the rest of the way:
So much for that.
Of course, LeBron had other, much prettier highlights, and finished the game with 25 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists, a line that most other NBA player would kill for. But giving up 43 points to the Wizards in the first quarter? That’s just terrible.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts