- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
LeBron James’ Phone Background Is A Photoshopped Michael Jordan Guarding LeBron James
LeBron James is the NBA’s best player. He was born in 1984, and grew up admiring the former best player in the NBA, Michael Jordan. So it should come as no surprise that one best player admires another best player. LeBron James, super-admirer that he is, decided to immortalize their non-basketball relationship on his cell phone background with a photoshopped picture.
via Sports Illustrated:
“He revealed on Wednesday that the screensaver of his phone is a Photoshop image of himself handling the ball while guarded by Michael Jordan in his prime. “Jordan was my superhero growing up,” James said. “He was the guy I feel helped me get to where I am today. As a competitor, who would not want to go against the best? That’s like asking [Tom] Brady would he want to go against Montana in the fourth quarter.”
Pesky bloggers that we are, we’d like to point out that Tom Brady going against Joe Montana in the fourth quarter just isn’t quite the same, since they’re never on the field at the same time. But fine, we get what you’re saying. And as weird as this is, it is still kind of cool. My phone background is even weirder – a picture of Jeff Van Gundy clinging to Alonzo Mourning’s leg admist a Heat-Knicks fight – so, really, who am I to comment.
Also of note: the above picture is probably not the picture on his phone. But after seeing this possible alternative in the flesh, whatever the picture is is actually pretty cool.
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Pacquiao: Good Enough But Not the Same
- Chargers Have The Best Receiver In The NFL
- The Year Of Serena Williams