- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Notre Dame-Syracuse Fans Brawl In Douchebag National Championship
- Will Ferrell, Chris Rock And Kevin Hart Wish Derek Jeter Farewell
- More FIFA 15 Glitches, Like The Nude Midfielder And Ball-Less Throw-In
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
LeBron James Threw A Fit After Finishing Second For NBA Defensive Player Of The Year: ‘It Sucks, It Sucks, It Sucks’
You probably know by now that Memphis’ Marc Gasol was named NBA Defensive Player of the Year, tallying 212 points and 30 first-place votes to 149, 18 for LeBron James, in second place. Oklahoma City’s Serge Ibaka was third (122, 14). Thank goodness LeBron took it well. Palm Beach Post:
During his first media availability since the announcement, James made his feelings clear.
“It sucks,” James said. “It sucks. It sucks.”
James was asked if his candidacy for other awards — notably the MVP — hurt his chances.
“I don’t know,” James said. “It definitely sucks, though. Finishing second? Who wants to finish second?”
Was this his best defensive season?
“Probably,” James said. “I mean, I guard everybody on the floor. I don’t know if there’s one player in NBA history who’s guarded one through five (positions). It’s over with now, but that’s cool.”
So did it suck, or is it cool? Perhaps this kind of inconsistency is why you didn’t win the award.
Then I heard about this:
As part of its support of the Defensive Player of the Year Award, Kia Motors America (KMA) will donate a new 2014 Kia Sorento LX CUV to Gasol’s charity of choice, Youth Villages, a private nonprofit dedicated to helping thousands of emotionally and behaviorally troubled children and their families live successfully.
What’s a behaviorally troubled child going to do with a Kia Sorento? That can’t end well. Oh yeah, their parents can have it. But hide the keys.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts