- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- And Now, Christmas Lights Set To The Auburn Miracle Touchdown Call
- The Texas Rangers Baseball Team Drafted Russell Wilson, The Football Player
- AWWWW: Andrew McCutchen Proposes To His Girlfriend On Ellen
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Another Ridiculous Minor League Baseball Promotion: Non-Existent “LeBron James Championship Rings”
You know minor league baseball teams will do anything to get fans to the ballpark – hence, the Anthony-Weiner-inspired boxers giveaway. Well, the class-A Peoria Chiefs have a giveaway of their own, relating to the recently-completed NBA Finals, scheduled for this Thursday – and yes, it mocks LeBron James.
The Peoria Chiefs have added a LeBron James 2011 NBA Championship Replica Ring Giveaway to all fans on Thursday June 16 to enhance the Salute to the 1990s Chicago Bulls Championship Teams Night. The replica ring, which like LeBron’s is non-existent, will be handed out to all fans through the gates prior to the 7:00 p.m. game against Wisconsin.
We can’t help but be curious how many additional fans will be attracted to the game by something that doesn’t tangibly exist – we’re guessing it’s a non-zero number, which is kind of amazing, really. And this is actually a good idea by the Chiefs – the original “tribute to the ’90s Bulls” thing didn’t sound like too much of a draw, and there’s no question more people are talking about them now. (But we hope Mark Cuban, in his desire to go beyond mere championship rings, doesn’t get any ideas.)
We also wonder, though, if LeBron-mocking is finally hitting its saturation point. Yes, The Decision was spectacularly bad form and the NBA Finals contained some spectacularly bad LeBron flameouts. But, like…we get it. LeBron blew it. Michael Jordan won a lot of championships. LeBron isn’t Jordan, never will be.
Yes, he says some ill-advised things. Yes, he calls himself “King James.” Enough. Eventually, mocking all that’s going to get old, and for us, that process has started. We can’t blame Peoria for doing this, but if they do something like it next year, too, it’s just not going to be fun anymore.
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- Johnny Manziel's Tattoo with Drake
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Robert Duran: Pacquiao Still Dangerous