- Here Are The NHL First-Round Playoff Results, Based On Best Goalie Masks
- Chris Cooley Insists That RG3 Is Going To Dominate The NFL Next Year
- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Meet The Brooklyn Nets Mascot: The BrooklyKnight
The Brooklyn Nets aren’t the only ones who made their debut last night. Saturday also marked the premiere of the team’s mascot, the terribly-named BrooklyKnight. Get it? Because Brooklynite?
After a word from Nets guard Deron Williams, watch as the BrooklyKnight (God, I hate that name) descends from the rafters and makes his awkward debut before the horrified masses looking for any excuse to disown their home team. Oh, and be sure to pay special attention to the P.A. announcer as he gives special biographical information about the Nets mascot, including that he was “born from the beating heart of your Brooklyn”:
I look for pretty much any opportunity to bring up that I wanted the team to change their name after the move to “Brooklyn Mars” and make Mars Blackmon, Spike Lee’s character from the 1986 film “She’s Gotta Have It,” the official mascot. Imagine this as the template for so many Nets/Mars basketball promos:
Plus some sick black-and-white MARS jerseys? Man.
- Filed Under:
- Brooklyn Nets
- FOX Sports' Joe Buck Ties The Knot With Someone In The Industry
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Manny Pacquiao Gives us Another Gem
- Is Manny Pacquiao The Next Best Fighter To Mayweather?