- NBA 2K15 Will Feature Ernie And Shaq, But Not Charles
- Ditka Has No Tolerance For The 'Redskins' Name Controversy
- 4 NFL Players Whose ADP Has Shifted For Better Or Worse
- USA Basketball Might Bring A 13th Player To Spain Just To Cut Him
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Melo Don’t Flop
In today’s NBA, a well-acted flop is as much a part of the game as a solid post move. Some of the league’s biggest stars have been (rightfully) accused of overreacting to getting hit, jostled, boxed out or otherwise touched, including none other the The King himself. And as much as Carmelo Anthony may deserve his reputation as a ball hog and a team-killer, we can say this for him: He doesn’t flop.
Watch his reaction to running directly into a screen set by Thunder big man Kendrick Perkins yesterday:
Now compare that to an eerily similar situation, when LeBron James was apparently killed by a Tyson Chandler screen in the playoffs two years ago:
Chandler was originally assessed a flagrant two on this play, but the call was downgraded to a flagrant one. No call on Melo’s play, despite a similar amount of shoulder being thrown in his direction by Perkins. Because Melo don’t flop.
He also don’t play for a good team, though, so joke’s on him.
- What Colin Kaepernick Looks Like as a Soccer Player
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- 10 Most Untouchable Players in Red Sox System
- Drew Brees "Randomly" Drug Tested After Career Comments