- 3 Dumb Ways To Change the NBA Draft Lottery As Dumb As Current System
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Bryce Brown Or Anthony Dixon -- Which Bills RB Should You Grab?
- World Trashes Kobe; Kobe Responds With Vintage Performance
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Miami Heat Pay Tribute To Newtown Victims In Touching Fashion
The Miami Heat held a moment of silence Saturday night before their game against the Washington Wizards, paying tribute to those lost in the tragedy in Newtown, CT, Friday. The school shooting that claimed the lives of 28, including 20 children, affected many of the Heat players personally, as most of the team has children of their own. Touchingly, those players were joined by their children for the moment.
Said Heat star LeBron James:
“Very emotional time,” LeBron James said after the game. “(Dwyane) Wade brought [the idea] up. We all thought it would be the best thing to do. Not taking anything for granted, knowing that we have our family still. Very emotional time and to have our kids out there was great.”
“Basketball, this is nothing,” James said. “These games are nothing compared to when you have a tragedy like that. It sucks that sometimes you need a tragedy to put things back in perspective, to appreciate what you have. But it does that to people. It’s unfortunate that you have to have something like that to understand what’s really important and some things that aren’t important at all. Family is the No. 1 important thing in life.”
Take a look at the touching video:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce