- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Twitter Reacts To Tom Brady's Worst Game Ever
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Michael Beasley Still Really Likes Marijuana, Is Arrested For It Yet Again
You live and you learn, unless you’re Michael Beasley, in which case you live and you don’t learn. Beasley, a huge NBA disappointment who’s currently on the Phoenix Suns, has a bit of a history of getting in trouble.
In the latest edition of the Michael Beasley CHRONICles, he found himself in some hot, smoky water during a traffic stop, according to the Scottsdale, AZ website:
On 08/06/13 at 1:15 am SPD made a stop for a traffic violation in the area of Scottsdale and McCormick Roads. As the officer approached the vehicle he could smell marijuana emanating from within the car. A search of the driver’s area recovered marijuana that was impounded. The driver, identified as Michael Beasley, was booked pending charges for possession of marijuana and released.
This isn’t Beasley’s first run-in with the law. He set off a hotel fire alarm at the NBA Rookie Tranisition Program in 2008 and police smelled weed in the room but couldn’t find any. In 2009, he checked into substance abuse rehab. In 2011, he was pulled over for speeding and the car apparently smelled a lot like weed because there was some hiding under Beasley’s seat.
Beasley has been in Phoenix for a year now and this arrest is his third offense. He was investigated for a sexual assault back in May and he was caught driving 26 mph over the speed limit in January with a loaded gun in a car that didn’t have a license plate on it.
When the Heat traded
their gigantic bust Beasley to the Timberwolves in 2009, Minnesota team president David Kahn said that he’s a “very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana.” It seems that he used the wrong tense of the verb “to smoke” though.
Old habits die hard, I guess.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts