- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Michael Beasley Still Really Likes Marijuana, Is Arrested For It Yet Again
You live and you learn, unless you’re Michael Beasley, in which case you live and you don’t learn. Beasley, a huge NBA disappointment who’s currently on the Phoenix Suns, has a bit of a history of getting in trouble.
In the latest edition of the Michael Beasley CHRONICles, he found himself in some hot, smoky water during a traffic stop, according to the Scottsdale, AZ website:
On 08/06/13 at 1:15 am SPD made a stop for a traffic violation in the area of Scottsdale and McCormick Roads. As the officer approached the vehicle he could smell marijuana emanating from within the car. A search of the driver’s area recovered marijuana that was impounded. The driver, identified as Michael Beasley, was booked pending charges for possession of marijuana and released.
This isn’t Beasley’s first run-in with the law. He set off a hotel fire alarm at the NBA Rookie Tranisition Program in 2008 and police smelled weed in the room but couldn’t find any. In 2009, he checked into substance abuse rehab. In 2011, he was pulled over for speeding and the car apparently smelled a lot like weed because there was some hiding under Beasley’s seat.
Beasley has been in Phoenix for a year now and this arrest is his third offense. He was investigated for a sexual assault back in May and he was caught driving 26 mph over the speed limit in January with a loaded gun in a car that didn’t have a license plate on it.
When the Heat traded
their gigantic bust Beasley to the Timberwolves in 2009, Minnesota team president David Kahn said that he’s a “very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana.” It seems that he used the wrong tense of the verb “to smoke” though.
Old habits die hard, I guess.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Tennis Babe Maria Sharapova Shows Off Her Personalized Porsche
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead