- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Michael Beasley Still Really Likes Marijuana, Is Arrested For It Yet Again
You live and you learn, unless you’re Michael Beasley, in which case you live and you don’t learn. Beasley, a huge NBA disappointment who’s currently on the Phoenix Suns, has a bit of a history of getting in trouble.
In the latest edition of the Michael Beasley CHRONICles, he found himself in some hot, smoky water during a traffic stop, according to the Scottsdale, AZ website:
On 08/06/13 at 1:15 am SPD made a stop for a traffic violation in the area of Scottsdale and McCormick Roads. As the officer approached the vehicle he could smell marijuana emanating from within the car. A search of the driver’s area recovered marijuana that was impounded. The driver, identified as Michael Beasley, was booked pending charges for possession of marijuana and released.
This isn’t Beasley’s first run-in with the law. He set off a hotel fire alarm at the NBA Rookie Tranisition Program in 2008 and police smelled weed in the room but couldn’t find any. In 2009, he checked into substance abuse rehab. In 2011, he was pulled over for speeding and the car apparently smelled a lot like weed because there was some hiding under Beasley’s seat.
Beasley has been in Phoenix for a year now and this arrest is his third offense. He was investigated for a sexual assault back in May and he was caught driving 26 mph over the speed limit in January with a loaded gun in a car that didn’t have a license plate on it.
When the Heat traded
their gigantic bust Beasley to the Timberwolves in 2009, Minnesota team president David Kahn said that he’s a “very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana.” It seems that he used the wrong tense of the verb “to smoke” though.
Old habits die hard, I guess.
- What Should Vikings Do in Free Agency?
- AJ McCarron Impressing With Arm, Despite Lack Of Speed
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Arianny Celeste: The Hottest UFC Girl Ever?