- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
It Only Took Mike D’Antoni 59 Days As Lakers’ Head Coach To Start Making Suicide Jokes
Mike D’Antoni has been the head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers for 60 days, and in that time he has led the purple and gold to a record of 14-16 – better than Mike Brown’s 1-4! Too bad that still leaves the Lakers 4.5 games out of the final playoff spot, playing without an injured Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard. Last night, Los Angeles lost their 5th game in a row to the San Antonio Spurs.
But before last night’s game, Mike D’Antoni wasn’t too thrilled with the way things are going. And, just as any sane coach who has trouble juggling the pressures of Los Angeles, the nonchalant indifference of Dwight Howard, the confused passivity of Pau Gasol and the overbearing volatility of Kobe Bryant, Mike D’Antoni resorted to suicide jokes. Because at this point, well, what’s there left to do?
Via the Los Angeles Times:
“‘At least they put my [hotel] room on the third floor, so if I did jump I would just hurt my ankle a little bit,’ he said.”
Note to Mike D’Antoni: no need to commit suicide when Kobe Bryant will likely throw you under the bus anyway.
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy