- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
It Only Took Mike D’Antoni 59 Days As Lakers’ Head Coach To Start Making Suicide Jokes
Mike D’Antoni has been the head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers for 60 days, and in that time he has led the purple and gold to a record of 14-16 – better than Mike Brown’s 1-4! Too bad that still leaves the Lakers 4.5 games out of the final playoff spot, playing without an injured Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard. Last night, Los Angeles lost their 5th game in a row to the San Antonio Spurs.
But before last night’s game, Mike D’Antoni wasn’t too thrilled with the way things are going. And, just as any sane coach who has trouble juggling the pressures of Los Angeles, the nonchalant indifference of Dwight Howard, the confused passivity of Pau Gasol and the overbearing volatility of Kobe Bryant, Mike D’Antoni resorted to suicide jokes. Because at this point, well, what’s there left to do?
Via the Los Angeles Times:
“‘At least they put my [hotel] room on the third floor, so if I did jump I would just hurt my ankle a little bit,’ he said.”
Note to Mike D’Antoni: no need to commit suicide when Kobe Bryant will likely throw you under the bus anyway.
- What Should Vikings Do in Free Agency?
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Sloane Stephens Denies Celebrating When Serena Williams Lost at Australian Open
- Bob Ley Fires Back at LeBron After 'Don't Watch ESPN' Remark