- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Worst Trophy Ever: The NBA’s New Twyman-Stokes Teammate Of The Year Award
Tonight the NBA will crown it’s first ever “Teammate Of The Year”. That’s like “World’s Best Grandma” or “Number #1 Dad”, except the trophy isn’t a cool coffee mug. It’s this catas-trophy, which depicts one of two things:
1) A helpful teammate leading a hand to fallen comrade.
2) A dickish teammate sitting down because he’s throwing a hissy fit and he’s trying to pull this other guy down with him.
No matter what it’s going for, one thing is very, very clear: One of those dudes is clearly pooping standing up. Clearly.
Who’s up for the award? Well, it’s up to “NBA Legends” to decide which player best demonstrates “selfless play, on- and off-court leadership as a mentor and role model to other NBA players and his commitment and dedication to his team.” And the nominees are…
Jerry Stackhouse, Brooklyn Nets
Luke Walton, Cleveland Cavaliers
Andre Igoudala, Denver Nuggets
Jarrett Jack, Golden State Warriors
Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers
Chauncey Billups, Los Angeles Clippers
Shane Battier, Miami Heat
Roger Mason, Jr., New Orleans Hornets
Jason Kidd, New York Knicks
Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City Thunder
Manu Ginobili, San Antonio Spurs
Emeka Okafor, Washington Wizards
A few notable exceptions:
The kid on your rec league basketball team who always played in jeans for some reason
Published children’s author Metta World Peace
Jack Twyman or Maurice Stokes (the award’s namesake)
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- The Bible Gets in the Way for Manny Pacquiao
- Is Manny Pacquiao The Next Best Fighter To Mayweather?