- Falcons Fans Bro Out, Nearly Ruin Emotional Moment Between Deion Sanders And Devin Hester
- Andy Murray Plays Both Sides Of The Net On Scotland Question
- Peyton Manning Says That Colorado's New Weed Laws Have Been Good For His Pizza Business
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
New Orleans Pelicans Tamper In God’s Domain, Set To Unveil Fresh Mascot Hell
Because he was scaring children and the elderly with his terrifying face, New Orleans’ NBA mascot Pierre the Pelican underwent a makeover on orders from the front office. The result? The Pelicans’ marketing department went a little off the rails and released the photo you see below, which is one part “American Horror Story” and three parts “Keeping Up With The Kardashians”.
NEWS: @PierreTPelican underwent successful surgery yesterday at Ochsner Medical Center – http://t.co/qI6gXts2J1 | pic.twitter.com/PdcWhzaOKF— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) February 11, 2014
From this he may as well be a Bruce Jenner on any given Tuesday. Anyway, the bandages should come off prior to NBA All-Star Game Weekend, and we’re sure the finisjhed product will be just as bland and Disneyesque as possible. There’s even a press release from the Pelicans:
The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that mascot Pierre the Pelican underwent successful surgery yesterday at Ochsner Medical Center in Jefferson. A detailed account of his injury and recovery will air during the Fox Sports New Orleans broadcast on Wednesday, Feb. 12 when the Pelicans take on the Milwaukee Bucks at 7:00 p.m. Team Physician Dr. Matthew McQueen performed the reconstructive surgery at Ochsner Medical Center and has indicated the procedure was quite involved. “Injuries like this also affect other aspects of the skull, which had to be addressed.” McQueen and his team of experts, including Curator of Birds for Audubon Zoo Carolyn Atherton, expect Pierre to make a full and speedy recovery. Fans can show their support and post good well wishes on Twitter using #GetWellPierre and @PierreTPelican.
May we suggest just leaving the bandages on?
As you’ve surely heard, @PelicansNBA mascot Pierre the Pelican underwent surgery today. An update: pic.twitter.com/W6ZEcFTwDG— FOX Sports Live (@FOXSportsLive) February 12, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Pierre the Pelican
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Christy Mack Releases Horrific War Machine Beating Photos
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar