- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Nick Young Provides Your Daily Washington Wizards Lowlight
It’s been that kind of season for the Washington Wizards. One in which we get to post a nightly lowlight. Usually, though, it comes courtesy of JaVale McGee. Tonight, however, Nick Young provides us with one of the most bizarre layup attempts, well, ever.
On a wide open fastbreak, against the Lakers, Young drove to the lane and, the best way to describe it is, he threw an “alley-oop to God.” Yup, he threw the ball right over the backboard to no one. Or was there someone? It depends on what you believe in… Yeah, he threw it to no one. To be fair, he did help lead the Wizards on a 22-4 run in the third quarter. Maybe there was something more to this play?
And wouldn’t you know, the Wizards pulled off the unlikely victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, 106-101. That’s one way to get people to forget your blooper.
[h/t Corey Vann, video via @JohnCTownsend]
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success