- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Pacers Coach Frank Vogel Screaming In Shane Battier’s Ear Is The Real Height Of Desperation
The Pacers’ backs are against the wall after their Game 4 loss in Miami. Down 3-1, things would look desperate no matter what — but the way Roy Hibbert blamed “the game plan” for why he didn’t score a single point yesterday, and Paul George blamed the refs, and Lance Stephenson couldn’t stop talking, it’s clear the team is falling apart (again).
But here’s how you know things are bad: When the head coach tries distracting a bench player taking a corner three by screaming in his ear, rec league-style, in the first quarter of the game.
In his defense… he also did this to Norris Cole in Game 2. He’s nothing if not consistent.
Some might say this is fair game, but a grown man in a suit trying to scare a professional basketball player by yelling in his ear is rather unbecoming. It’s no spilled drink, of course, but don’t be surprised if Vogel sports an open cup of soda during Game 5, as well as a KISS mask and an air horn. His job could depend on it.
At least he’s not the only one who does it. Check out the other winners who use this tactic:
Shane Battier had no idea that Vogel was screaming at him on the 3. He says Lawrence Frank was famous for it, Del Negro too.
— Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) May 27, 2014
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts