- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Just A Little More Proof That Pat Riley Has The Midas Touch
As you probably know, LeBron James complained about some of the fouls committed against him after the Heat lost to the Bulls this week, snapping their 27-game win streak. As you also probably know, Celtics GM Danny Ainge spoke up about LeBron’s complaining, deeming it “almost embarrassing.” As as we damn well hope you know, Heat supreme leader Pat Riley reacted to Ainge’s comments by saying this:
“He needs to shut the f— up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner going when he was playing. I know that because I coached against him.”
Pat Riley being Pat Riley? Saying what he wants and caring not of what anyone else might think? Well, maybe a little bit, but not exactly. As Brian Windhorst later explained, while Riley probably relished the chance to tweak Ainge, what he was really doing was showing LeBron that he’s got his back, just in cae LeBron might wonder about the Heat’s loyalty to him with free agency potentially looming in just over a year. Did it work? Well, here’s what LeBron said when asked about Riley’s comments:
“It was big-time to see that.”
Oh, and also here’s what he did against the Hornets last night on the court, post-Riley-outburst:
“If he’s making that, you just lose the game.” Riles, you win again, you devil, you.
- If World Cup Countries Were College Football Teams
- The 5 Most Hazardous Sports
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?