- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Erik Spoelstra Confirms That Meeting With Pat Riley Is A Terrifying Experience
Pat Riley is an intimidating guy for many reasons: his amazing career success, his slicked-back hair, that stare…oh, and he’s 6-4, too. Of course, last summer’s free agency coup enhanced his aura, and due to that slicked-back hair and what’s often seen as a ruthless, unforgiving nature, comparisons of Riley to the Godfather (like the one you can see to the left) are inevitable. And apparently, such comparisons are truer than we ever knew.
Before Game 1 of the NBA Finals last night, Spoelstra was asked about his interactions with Riley. Here’s what he said:
“If you know Pat, you go into his office, he calls you in there and it’s like talking to the Godfather. The lights are always dim. He can see you, but you can’t really see him.”
Is Spoelstra messing with us? Can this possibly be true? Could the actual Riley really be that perfect a representation of the most cartoonish idea of him? Dimmed lights? For all we know, Spoelstra was just having some fun at the expense of those of us who’ve never had the Riley experience, but we’d much rather believe he isn’t. You hear about things that are too good to be true all the time – well, this anecdote is too good to be false.
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters
- Draft Fail: The 10 Most Disappointing NBA Players
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts