- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Pelicans Close To Signing Tyreke Evans, And He Would Play On This Floor
Man, I just had the weirdest dream. New Orleans got an NBA franchise, and named them the Pelicans. They got a new arena, and painted a giant pelican on the floor. Then … ah!
Hate everything about the new NO Pelicans floor. Font makes me want to throw up. http://t.co/qiryJE2C0F
— Eric Busch (@EJBusch) July 1, 2013
That was enough for Tyreke Evans. He wants to play on that floor!
The New Orleans Pelicans' offer sheet to Tyreke Evans is four years and $48 million, according to @sam_amick. Wow.
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) July 1, 2013
Reports: Pelicans to offer Tyreke Evans $40 million–$44 million http://t.co/HWqgBgAeGF
— Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) July 1, 2013
Examining the details of the floor, however, we see that the Twitter handle is @NBAPelicans. So we assume that Michelle Davis, owner of @Pelicans, was unwilling to sell. Here’s her story, as reported back in February.
Yep. As of nine hours ago, Michelle was still at the helm of @Pelicans. And she was posting photos of her cats.
The kittens hanging out in the hotel room Friday night… pic.twitter.com/L3OSZGbOGc
— Michele (@pelicans) July 1, 2013
And the Pelicans NBA team is stuck with this:
— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) July 1, 2013
I’m usually on the side of the little guy in cases like this. But the owner of @Pelicans is posting pictures of her cats, and talking about a vacation to Cape Canaveral. You’ve got no game, Michelle — this puts me squarely on the side of the large corporate NBA team.
Want to check out season ticket seating locations? (For the NBA team, not Michelle’s place). Check out their 3D arena tour.
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'