- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Pelicans Close To Signing Tyreke Evans, And He Would Play On This Floor
Man, I just had the weirdest dream. New Orleans got an NBA franchise, and named them the Pelicans. They got a new arena, and painted a giant pelican on the floor. Then … ah!
Hate everything about the new NO Pelicans floor. Font makes me want to throw up. http://t.co/qiryJE2C0F
— Eric Busch (@EJBusch) July 1, 2013
That was enough for Tyreke Evans. He wants to play on that floor!
The New Orleans Pelicans' offer sheet to Tyreke Evans is four years and $48 million, according to @sam_amick. Wow.
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) July 1, 2013
Reports: Pelicans to offer Tyreke Evans $40 million–$44 million http://t.co/HWqgBgAeGF
— Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) July 1, 2013
Examining the details of the floor, however, we see that the Twitter handle is @NBAPelicans. So we assume that Michelle Davis, owner of @Pelicans, was unwilling to sell. Here’s her story, as reported back in February.
Yep. As of nine hours ago, Michelle was still at the helm of @Pelicans. And she was posting photos of her cats.
The kittens hanging out in the hotel room Friday night… pic.twitter.com/L3OSZGbOGc
— Michele (@pelicans) July 1, 2013
And the Pelicans NBA team is stuck with this:
— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) July 1, 2013
I’m usually on the side of the little guy in cases like this. But the owner of @Pelicans is posting pictures of her cats, and talking about a vacation to Cape Canaveral. You’ve got no game, Michelle — this puts me squarely on the side of the large corporate NBA team.
Want to check out season ticket seating locations? (For the NBA team, not Michelle’s place). Check out their 3D arena tour.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts