- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Pelicans Close To Signing Tyreke Evans, And He Would Play On This Floor
Man, I just had the weirdest dream. New Orleans got an NBA franchise, and named them the Pelicans. They got a new arena, and painted a giant pelican on the floor. Then … ah!
Hate everything about the new NO Pelicans floor. Font makes me want to throw up. http://t.co/qiryJE2C0F
— Eric Busch (@EJBusch) July 1, 2013
That was enough for Tyreke Evans. He wants to play on that floor!
The New Orleans Pelicans' offer sheet to Tyreke Evans is four years and $48 million, according to @sam_amick. Wow.
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) July 1, 2013
Reports: Pelicans to offer Tyreke Evans $40 million–$44 million http://t.co/HWqgBgAeGF
— Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) July 1, 2013
Examining the details of the floor, however, we see that the Twitter handle is @NBAPelicans. So we assume that Michelle Davis, owner of @Pelicans, was unwilling to sell. Here’s her story, as reported back in February.
Yep. As of nine hours ago, Michelle was still at the helm of @Pelicans. And she was posting photos of her cats.
The kittens hanging out in the hotel room Friday night… pic.twitter.com/L3OSZGbOGc
— Michele (@pelicans) July 1, 2013
And the Pelicans NBA team is stuck with this:
— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) July 1, 2013
I’m usually on the side of the little guy in cases like this. But the owner of @Pelicans is posting pictures of her cats, and talking about a vacation to Cape Canaveral. You’ve got no game, Michelle — this puts me squarely on the side of the large corporate NBA team.
Want to check out season ticket seating locations? (For the NBA team, not Michelle’s place). Check out their 3D arena tour.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'