- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Police: Tony Parker Received Death Threat In Game 1 Of Memphis Series On Sunday
Tony Parker received a death threat toward the end of the Grizzlies-Spurs Game 1 of their playoff series on Sunday night, and sadly, it’s not all that uncommon in pro sports.
What’s more surprising is that, according to police, the threat came from a pay phone.
A what, now?
The Bexar County Sheriff’s office is investigating death threats made against Tony Parker. Sunday night, someone called 911 with about five minutes left in the game and made a threat against Parker. The information was passed on to the sheriff’s office, who handles security at the AT&T Center.
Security was increased immediately, but it was determined there was no immediate danger. Parker was escorted to his home by deputies, just to be safe. The incident is still under investigation.
The call reportedly came from a pay phone.
Parker had 20 points and nine assists to lead the Spurs’ 105-83 win, pissing off at least one degenerate gambler. Or the caller could just be garden-variety insane. At any rate, Parker was taken out of the game with about five minutes left, which jives with the report.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts