- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Popovich Lets His Fingers Do The (Trash) Talking, Mocks LeBron
During the San Antonio Spurs’ championship parade Wednesday, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich mocked LeBron James’ championship count.
Pop for the win: http://t.co/mWufV1nZkR
— Rob (@robg0927) June 19, 2014
Everyone remembers when LeBron counted off how many championships he expected to win with the Miami Heat, and until he wins them – stuff like this is going to keep happening. Popovich, in turn, counted off how many championship rings he and Tim Duncan have now, after the Spurs fifth championship win this week.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Spurs HC Gregg Popovich
1. Popovich is currently the longest tenured head coach in the NBA … as well as the NFL, NHL and Major League Baseball. He has been coaching San Antonio for 17 seasons.
2. He was an assistant under Don Nelson in Golden State in the early ‘90s.
3. Popovich, who was the Spurs General Manager in the 1996-97 season, hired himself as the Spurs’ head coach after firing Bob Hill.
4. He has 967 regular season wins, which makes him the second-winningest head coach in NBA history.
5. Popovich has the most consecutive winning seasons, 17, of any NBA coach.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts