- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Remembering The Time Rajon Rondo Freaked Out During A Film Session
It was a whole nixed mega-trade, lockout and Finals ago, but at one point this spring, the Miami Heat’s five-game triumph over the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference playoffs was the talk of the NBA. It looked like a changing of the guard in the conference: the Celtics were coming off two conference titles in three years, but were overwhelmed by the Big Three they helped inspire to join forces. Naturally, this didn’t make the Celtics happy. And reportedly, point guard Rajon Rondo had an especially difficult time handling it during one film session:
According to multiple sources, Rondo’s errors were being pointed out when he arose and began discussing the mistakes of his teammates. Loudly. Using harsh language.
Coach Doc Rivers got up and fired back, and Rondo threw a bottle that shattered the video screen. He bolted from the practice facility and was prevented from returning when he tried later.
It probably wouldn’t be a stretch to say many, many employees out there have fantasized about doing similar things in their workplace, but most don’t actually go through with it. Perhaps Rondo, with news of this outburst, becomes a working class hero (something to be, we’re told). Or maybe he just needs to chill a little. Either way, you can’t tell the guy he doesn’t care. Seriously. You probably don’t want to tell him that.
Getty photo, by Doug Pensinger
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Manny Pacquiao's Workout Secrets Caught on Film