- SIR CHARLES IN CHARGE: The 14 Best #NBASitcoms
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Let's Play 'Find Everyone On The Clippers A New Team To Play For'
- Did Rays' Pitcher Joel Peralta Contract A Mosquito-Borne Tropical Illness?
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Rasheed Wallace, Agent Of Basketball Justice, Yells “Ball Don’t Lie!” After Austin Rivers Misses A Free Throw
Rasheed Wallace likes to yell. And talk, and run, and pout and earn technical fouls. But it’s all rather fun and he’s quite a good player, even at the ripe old age of 38, so his behavior is tolerated, if not enjoyed. Last night, his New York Knicks played the New Orleans Hornets, and Sheed, as per usual, found an opportunity to yell.
Through a switch, Austin Rivers found himself one-on-one with Wallace. With a brief hesitation and explosion to the basket, a flat-footed Wallace was completely beaten. But Wallace, cagey big man that he is, swiped at the ball, clearly fouling Rivers and nearly giving him the and one. But when Rivers missed the first free throw, Wallace emphatically and triumphantly yelled “Ball Don’t Lie!” It don’t, Rasheed. Ever. No foul.
Bethlehem Shoals, former head man over at the now defunct but wildly popular Free Darko blog and writer of all things basketball, had an interesting suggestion:
What if Sheed started yelling “DAN DEVINE” instead of “Ball Don’t Lie!”??!?
— Bethlehem Shoals (@freedarko) November 21, 2012
Dan Devine, as you may or may not know, writes for Ball Don’t Lie, Yahoo!’s basketball blog.
Now that would just be precious.
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Provodnikov's Falling Star
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey