- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With The Best Sharknado Tweets
- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Okay, Fine, This Gentleman Named 'Fat Jew' Is Actually A Pretty Great Mets Fan
- Hall Of Famer On Manziel: 'You're Not Johnny Football. You're Johnny Rookie Bitch'
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Will Ray Allen Hear From The League Office For Flopping After This Dust-Up With J.J. Barea?
The Heat beat the T-Wolves in Minneapolis 97-81 last night, pushing their win streak to 15. Chris Bosh executed a videobomb, as he is wont to do. Business as usual. There was some excitement, though: in the middle of the fourth quarter, Ray Allen and the Wolves’ J.J Barea got into a bit of a scrap, with Barea being assessed a flagrant 2 and getting thrown out of the game. But should he have been? Here’s the play that led to it all:
Let us remind you: this was a flagrant 1. Serge Ibaka got to stay in the game. Barea got ejected for, well… that. Could we see a regular, plain ol’ foul getting called there? Sure. But an auto-ejection-worthy flagrant 2? No way. Obviously Allen thought Barea was actually out for him – otherwise he wouldn’t have gone after him after he hit the deck – but reviewing the play, we still have to question whether the contact could have legitimately caused him to hit the deck in first place. Whether the league office will have the same questions remains to be seen.
You know who definitely thought Allen overreacted? Barea. Here he was as he left the court:
And after the game, he had this to say:
“I get hit harder than that every night. I don’t get up crying, I don’t want to fight. Bynum almost knocked me out for the rest of my life. I didn’t get up crying. It was just a little bump, it’s part of the game. Don’t be like that.”
We suppose you could look at this as karmic justice for Barea, who’s done some flopping of his own. Even so, after looking at these replays many times, we thin that at least in this case, he got a raw deal.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?