- Worst Flop Of The NBA Playoffs So Far? I Think We Have A Winner
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- Let's Watch An Epic Bungee Jump Basketball Shot
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
Will Ray Allen Hear From The League Office For Flopping After This Dust-Up With J.J. Barea?
The Heat beat the T-Wolves in Minneapolis 97-81 last night, pushing their win streak to 15. Chris Bosh executed a videobomb, as he is wont to do. Business as usual. There was some excitement, though: in the middle of the fourth quarter, Ray Allen and the Wolves’ J.J Barea got into a bit of a scrap, with Barea being assessed a flagrant 2 and getting thrown out of the game. But should he have been? Here’s the play that led to it all:
Let us remind you: this was a flagrant 1. Serge Ibaka got to stay in the game. Barea got ejected for, well… that. Could we see a regular, plain ol’ foul getting called there? Sure. But an auto-ejection-worthy flagrant 2? No way. Obviously Allen thought Barea was actually out for him – otherwise he wouldn’t have gone after him after he hit the deck – but reviewing the play, we still have to question whether the contact could have legitimately caused him to hit the deck in first place. Whether the league office will have the same questions remains to be seen.
You know who definitely thought Allen overreacted? Barea. Here he was as he left the court:
And after the game, he had this to say:
“I get hit harder than that every night. I don’t get up crying, I don’t want to fight. Bynum almost knocked me out for the rest of my life. I didn’t get up crying. It was just a little bump, it’s part of the game. Don’t be like that.”
We suppose you could look at this as karmic justice for Barea, who’s done some flopping of his own. Even so, after looking at these replays many times, we thin that at least in this case, he got a raw deal.
- WWE Signing New Top Wrestlers, Saturn/WWE, Damien Sandow Note
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Paulina Gretzky: Still a Wild Child
- Shocking Photos of WWE's New HUGE Wrestler