- Fantasy Football Offensive Primer For The 2014 NFL Season
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brian Hoyer Is The Starter In Cleveland, But Not For Long
- The NFL's VP Of Officiating Explains The Crazy Spike In Penalties
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
[UPDATE] O.J. Mayo Talks Tells Reporter About Fateful Day Michael Jordan Kicked His Ass In Front Of An Entire Basketball Camp
Assuming you heard Jordan’s recent grumpy old man comments about how much better he is than everyone, you probably wondered what such hypothetical trouncings would look like. I mean, sure, he could never actually play Kobe in his prime, because that was seven years ago, but Mike did say he played O.J. Mayo when he was a cocky kid still playing at Rose Hill High School, while attending Michael Jordan’s Flight School Basketball Camp.
And that he kicked his ass for asserting his Airness couldn’t beat him in a one-on-one.
Well, footage has surfaced of the two playing in a scrimmage where Jordan basically turns the game into one on one — and schools Mayo with a couple of Kobe’s moves.
And this wasn’t even what Jordan was referring to in the now infamous ESPN interview. He claimed that he sent all the kids to bed, closed the gym, and destroyed Mayo every way possible, just to make the point “no one is better than Michael Jordan.” Then privately embarrassed him, because no one is more competitive than Michael Jordan.
After watching the video above, you now know what that was probably like: A series of indefensible moves. Over. And over. And over.
Here’s Mayo’s account of what happened.
[Via Deadspin] “He said ‘I need all the campers and everybody to leave. Let’s clear the gym.’ And I said , ‘Oh man.’ So we continued playing pickup, and Mike was Mike. He was jawing a little bit and really getting into me defensively. He was backing me down. He said, ‘You better scream for momma. Mom-ma, mom-ma! He hit the famous fadeaway on me. And then I said, ‘OK, OK, you got it going.’
“He said, ‘Hey, young fella, let me tell you something. You may be the best high school player in the world, but I’m the greatest ever. Don’t you ever disrespect the great like that.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts