- SIR CHARLES IN CHARGE: The 14 Best #NBASitcoms
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Let's Play 'Find Everyone On The Clippers A New Team To Play For'
- Did Rays' Pitcher Joel Peralta Contract A Mosquito-Borne Tropical Illness?
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Reports: Brooklyn To Sign Jason Collins, Who Will Be First Openly-Gay Player In NBA (Update: It’s A Done Deal)
Oh no NFL, NO YOU DON’T. Seems that the NBA will be the first major team sport with an openly gay player, as reports have Jason Collins signing with the Brooklyn Nets today or tomorrow, after Glen “Big Baby” Davis spurned their offer. Ramona Shelburne of ESPN.com reports that Collins will be in uniform for the Nets tonight against the Lakers at the Staples Center.
And Yahoo Sports says it’s a done deal.
— NBC Los Angeles (@NBCLA) February 21, 2014
Jason Collins will be in Nets uniform tonight vs Lakers, will be the first openly active gay player in the NBA. Congrats Jason.
— NBA Legion (@MySportsLegion) February 23, 2014
Great news about Jason Collins. This is a monumental day for identical twins.
— Rich Levine (@rich_levine) February 23, 2014
— Elsa Collins (@elsacollins) February 23, 2014
Nets owner Prokhorov supports gay rights in Russia http://t.co/vIs6YZLeCn
— Anthony De Rosa (@AntDeRosa) February 23, 2014
So Missouri linebacker Michael Sam had the spotlight for the past couple of weeks, and is probably happy to relinquish it for a bit. Barriers being broken, progress being achieved, world spinning nicely on all cylinders. Now if we could just get Hollywood to release some decent movies between New Year’s and March, we humans would be doing pretty well.
Trying to explain the significance of Jason Collins' new gig to a bunch of tweens and having them not get it? The New Advancement
— Kelly Dwyer (@KDonhoops) February 23, 2014
- Filed Under:
- jason collins
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?