- LeBron James Is Balding Again, So We Made Him Some Haircut Suggestions
- Will Ferrell, Chris Rock And Kevin Hart Wish Derek Jeter Farewell
- McKinnon, Taliaferro & Royal: Top Week 5 Waiver Wire Grabs
- Warriors Unveil New Uniforms In A Never-Before-Used Color, Call It 'Body Armor'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Reports: Brooklyn To Sign Jason Collins, Who Will Be First Openly-Gay Player In NBA (Update: It’s A Done Deal)
Oh no NFL, NO YOU DON’T. Seems that the NBA will be the first major team sport with an openly gay player, as reports have Jason Collins signing with the Brooklyn Nets today or tomorrow, after Glen “Big Baby” Davis spurned their offer. Ramona Shelburne of ESPN.com reports that Collins will be in uniform for the Nets tonight against the Lakers at the Staples Center.
And Yahoo Sports says it’s a done deal.
— NBC Los Angeles (@NBCLA) February 21, 2014
Jason Collins will be in Nets uniform tonight vs Lakers, will be the first openly active gay player in the NBA. Congrats Jason.
— NBA Legion (@MySportsLegion) February 23, 2014
Great news about Jason Collins. This is a monumental day for identical twins.
— Rich Levine (@rich_levine) February 23, 2014
— Elsa Collins (@elsacollins) February 23, 2014
Nets owner Prokhorov supports gay rights in Russia http://t.co/vIs6YZLeCn
— Anthony De Rosa (@AntDeRosa) February 23, 2014
So Missouri linebacker Michael Sam had the spotlight for the past couple of weeks, and is probably happy to relinquish it for a bit. Barriers being broken, progress being achieved, world spinning nicely on all cylinders. Now if we could just get Hollywood to release some decent movies between New Year’s and March, we humans would be doing pretty well.
Trying to explain the significance of Jason Collins' new gig to a bunch of tweens and having them not get it? The New Advancement
— Kelly Dwyer (@KDonhoops) February 23, 2014
- Filed Under:
- jason collins
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts