- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Reports: Brooklyn To Sign Jason Collins, Who Will Be First Openly-Gay Player In NBA (Update: It’s A Done Deal)
Oh no NFL, NO YOU DON’T. Seems that the NBA will be the first major team sport with an openly gay player, as reports have Jason Collins signing with the Brooklyn Nets today or tomorrow, after Glen “Big Baby” Davis spurned their offer. Ramona Shelburne of ESPN.com reports that Collins will be in uniform for the Nets tonight against the Lakers at the Staples Center.
And Yahoo Sports says it’s a done deal.
— NBC Los Angeles (@NBCLA) February 21, 2014
Jason Collins will be in Nets uniform tonight vs Lakers, will be the first openly active gay player in the NBA. Congrats Jason.
— NBA Legion (@MySportsLegion) February 23, 2014
Great news about Jason Collins. This is a monumental day for identical twins.
— Rich Levine (@rich_levine) February 23, 2014
— Elsa Collins (@elsacollins) February 23, 2014
Nets owner Prokhorov supports gay rights in Russia http://t.co/vIs6YZLeCn
— Anthony De Rosa (@AntDeRosa) February 23, 2014
So Missouri linebacker Michael Sam had the spotlight for the past couple of weeks, and is probably happy to relinquish it for a bit. Barriers being broken, progress being achieved, world spinning nicely on all cylinders. Now if we could just get Hollywood to release some decent movies between New Year’s and March, we humans would be doing pretty well.
Trying to explain the significance of Jason Collins' new gig to a bunch of tweens and having them not get it? The New Advancement
— Kelly Dwyer (@KDonhoops) February 23, 2014
- Filed Under:
- jason collins
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- WWE Divas Rosa Mendes and Eva Marie's Sexy Videos!
- KO of the Week: Palomino v Macaco
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce