- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
ARCHITECTURE PORN: Rip Hamilton Is Selling A Maryland Home That Is So Baller, Folks Call It ‘The White House’
House rule: There will be no malice in this palace.
Rip Hamilton is not known for his modesty (though his 14-year NBA career was a case study in hard work and fundamentals). Remember when news broke of his massive shoe collection? The former UCONN star needed two U-Hauls to transport the kicks from Detroit to Chicago. Ya. So it’s no surprise that he still has a 9,300-square-foot home in Edgewater, Maryland — an area he played basketball in about ten years ago.
Eh, might as well put it on the market, right? You got $3.7 million on you?
Great, it’s yours. Just make sure you don’t bring your 75-foot yatcht with you (the dock is only meant for 65-footers and smaller). Here’s what our inside guy over at Realtor.com had to say aboout the place. Neil J. Leitereg,
[Realtor.com] …Hamilton’s mansion has four bedrooms and five bathrooms, including a master suite with a spa-like shower, soaking tub and walk-in closet. There is also a gourmet kitchen that sports a breakfast bar, butler’s pantry and top-tier appliances; and an open living room area featuring a wood-paneled wet bar and billiards nook.
A fully finished basement area with a recreation room and additional bedroom suites opens out onto a covered patio. Set adjacent to the patio is a pool area; while further on is a path that leads to the water’s edge and a private pier with four lifts and a slip for a 65-foot yacht.
Rip’s crib somehow manages to seem better than the actual White House. Goes to show you what running without the ball can do for your baller status. Check it out…
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success