- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Ricky Rubio And Derrick Williams Connect On Half-Court Alley-Oop
It’s not often that a team gets to unveil two rookie lottery picks in the same season, but that’s the case here with the Minnesota Timberwolves who boast two tremendous rookies this season in Derrick Williams and Ricky Rubio.
Williams, who was the second-overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, has now gotten a chance to see more playing time thanks in part to the foot sprain suffered by starter Michael Beasley on Friday. Rubio, who was the fifth pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, is coming off the bench behind starter Luke Ridnour, but continues to log more minutes from one game to the next, thanks to his stellar play — he dished 14 assists in just over 30 minutes against the Wizards.
Yeah, these guys are going to be a lot of fun to watch going forward. It’s almost hard to type these words, but the Timberwolves are definitely one of the more exciting teams in the NBA. Imagine that.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success