- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- Insults From An Idiot: CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Roger Federer Could Miss The French Open Due To Paternity Leave
- How To Use 10 Different Machines Without Working Anything Other Than Your Biceps
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Ron Artest Almost Choked A Guy Last Night
Two weeks ago Ron Artest auctioned his championship ring and raised $500,000 for mental health charity, and some of us started wondering, “What happened to the old, crazy Ron Artest we’ve come to know and love? You know, the one who drank cognac in the locker room, who attended practice in a bath robe, who rushed into the stands and punched out a fan?”
Well, don’t fret. He’s back…sort of.
Artest half-choked Shawne Williams in the Los Angeles Lakers victory over the New York Knicks Sunday. The contest had barely even had a chance to get heated before Artest went for his opponent’s throat less than six minutes into the game. He put his hand around Williams’ neck, but seemed to think better of it about halfway through and removed it before squeezing. This shows a marked sign of improvement from the Artest who said this, regarding punching a fan in 2004:
“It wasn’t my fault. … I don’t see anything I could have done different. The only thing I could have done was have God pause time so I could have said, ‘Oh, look, you’re about to run in some stands, so stop.’”
Whether it was because God paused time, and said “Oh look, you’re about to choke a guy, so stop,” Artest’s thinking started to kick in before his emotions got the best of him. Maybe the Lakers forward really has turned the corner. Still, he received a technical foul for his actions. Watch below.
[h/t Big Lead]
- Kobe Bryant Not Interested in Playing for Mike D'Antoni Next Season
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot