- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
NBA Player Raffles Off Championship Ring For Mental Health Charity
Wow, he actually did it.
I’ll be the first to admit, I was extremely skeptical that this day would ever come. Not that I thought Artest was lying necessarily, but he strikes me as the type of guy who has great intentions but is easily distracted. You know the type: they meet someone in the subway whose blind in one eye or something, are very touched, then talk about about starting a Facebook group for them so they can take acting classes. That is, until they meet someone else on the subway who was no legs, are even more touched, and need to start a Facebook group so the person with no legs can go to music school. It’s an extremely sincere form of ADD.
But Artest followed through. And if you saw his appearance on “PTI” last week, you’d know how serious he is about mental health. Just listen to him talk for about 30 seconds. Have you ever heard Ron Artest sound so lucid?
The ring was won by a father of four from California named Raymond Mikkael, and proceeds from the raffle went to the Xcel University charity, which works with high-risk youth on mental health issues. According to the AP, Artest said he already wrote his first $50,000 check from the proceeds to the charity. Awesome.
- How You Can Pick Who Steve Austin Should Fight
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- CM Punk is Officially Removed From WWE Roster