- Here Are The NHL First-Round Playoff Results, Based On Best Goalie Masks
- Chris Cooley Insists That RG3 Is Going To Dominate The NFL Next Year
- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Emotional: Sacramento Kings Announcers Try To Keep From Crying During Team’s Last Game
If you’d like to get a sense of the emotion the city of Sacramento feels towards the Kings, look no further than broadcasters Grant Napear and Jerry Reynolds. The veteran announcers fought back tears as they signed off, possibly for the last time ever, from Arco Arena last night.
The Kings future is unknown at this point, but the team’s owners will likely push for a move to Anaheim. A move by the Kings will be a topic of discussion at today’s NBA owner’s meetings in New York, but many think a relocation is inevitable.
It would be hard to imagine a more bittersweet scenario for the two announcers: the Kings had just lost their final game, in overtime no less, to the Lakers, but the fans stayed and applauded anyway.
“There’s a lot of uncertainty as we all know,” said Napear. “But what we do know is the love affair between this team, and this city.”
Here’s video from their final signoff:
- Filed Under:
- Sacramento Kings
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- FOX Sports' Joe Buck Ties The Knot With Someone In The Industry