- 8 Players To Sell High After Your Fantasy Football Draft
- NFL Finally Delivers News: Josh Gordon's One Year Suspension Upheld
- UH-OH: John Rocker Going On Survivor With A Gay Couple
- Preliminary Deal Reached For $410 Million Soccer Stadium In Las Vegas
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Sixers Hold On To Beat Heat, 114-110… In Basketball
Let it be known, MCW is trending on Twitter, and the Philadelphia 76ers are 1-0 after a home victory over the Miami Heat, 114-110. And I guess @AndyGlockner said it best when we gave him the word:
In basketball?? RT “@SportsGrid: 76ers beat Heat 114-110”
— Andy Glockner (@AndyGlockner) October 31, 2013
The 76ers went on a Through-The-Looking-Glass 19-0 run to start the game, then led 23-2 and 36-14, before Will Smith used his flashy-thingy from “Men In Black” and the Heat trailed by only 2 at halftime. Miami actually led by as many as 6 in the third quarter, but led by rookie Michael Carter-Williams (22 points) and Spencer Hawes (24 points and game-winning 3 late in the fourth quarter), Philly toughed it out at the end. It also helped that LeBron James (25 points) missed a late shot and had a key late turnover. Evan Turner had 26 points, including a dunk over LeBron to make it 6-0. My, my, my.
The Heat were playing their second game in as many nights, Dwyane Wade sat out to rest his knee, and … oh hell, as Bill Murray said in “Meatballs”, “It just doesn’t matter!” I picked the 76ers to have the worst record in the NBA this season, and they just beat Miami. That’s on me, Philadelphia. I’ll own it.
Here’s that 19-0 run in glorious video form. The Sixers still may have an awful season overall, who knows? But they’ll always have this.
A couple of us were talking in the locker room about Michael Carter-Williams' debut and Kobe piped up to ask how Darius Morris played
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 31, 2013
- Filed Under:
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'