- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Smush Parker Fires Back At Kobe Bryant, Once Again Proves That Kobe Bryant Is A Dick
Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Times brought us a Kobe being Kobe gem yesterday, in which Bryant bashed former teammates Smush Parker, Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown in an attempt to explain away Steve Nash’s 2005-2006 NBA MVP award. Here’s what he said:
“‘I tell Steve, you won MVP but I was playing with Smush Parker,’ Bryant said before the Lakers’ 93-75 exhibition loss Wednesday to the Portland Trail Blazers at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario. ‘He’s playing with [Leandro] Barbosa. I’m playing with Smush and Kwame [Brown]. My goodness.
[...] ‘Smush Parker was the worst,’ Bryant said. ‘He shouldn’t have been in the NBA, but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. We let him walk on.’
[...] ‘Smush Parker, with Tierre Brown as the backup,’ said Bryant, laughing. ‘I’m taking 45 shots a game. What was I supposed to do, pass the ball in to Chris Mihm? Chris Mihm?’”
We thought that would be the end of it, but Smush Parker, of all people, has come out of the woodwork (he’s currently playing in China and preparing for his upcoming third season overseas) and fired back at Kobe. And, as every already suspected, Kobe was a giant dick to him way back when.
“I had a workout with the Lakers, beat all the guards out for the starting position, earned a spot on the team. Midway through the first season, I tried to at least have a conversation with Kobe Bryant — he is my teammate, he is a co-worker of mine, I see his face every day I go in to work — and I tried to talk with him about football. He tells me I can’t talk to him. He tells me I need more accolades under my belt before I come talk to him. He was dead serious.”
And then there’s this wonderfully informative, though hardly shocking, anecdote:
“Parker even told a story about a time when the team was in Phoenix preparing for a playoff series against the Suns. Smush says that coach Phil Jackson gave Lamar Odom his black card to take the team out to a nice dinner as a bonding experience. Parker says the entire team sat at one table, and that Kobe Bryant had his own table in a corner.”
There really isn’t much to say here, other than to note the glossed over double standard star players are afforded. If you win, it’s cool if you’re an asshole. If you don’t win, it’s not. Kobe’s won a lot, so here we are.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'