- WEEK 3 NFL POWER RANKINGS: We Definitively Know The 6 Best Teams In Football
- Jacob deGrom Ties MLB Record With 8 Straight Ks To Open Game
- Are We Hesitant To Suspend NFL Players Because Of Fantasy Football?
- The Colombian Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Are Not Really NSFW
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
‘Someone In The Know’ Claims Kyrie Irving Is Leaving Cleveland; Irving Responds
If NBA players had a nickel for every time their names were mentioned in trade/free agency/alien abduction rumors, they’d be rich. (As of now, they are forced to fight for every dollar they can, just to get by.)
So what should we make of this tweet that posits Kyrie Irving will bolt the Cleveland Cavaliers?
.@BrandonTierney "I've heard from someone in the know… Kyrie Irving not long for Cleveland"
— TBD in the AM (@TBDintheAM) July 18, 2013
“Someone in the know,” eh? That guy sounds credible. So much so that Kyrie Irving had to comment on it a few hours later:
I wish I knew "someone in the know" for all my facts, maybe I would go into journalism as well!!
— Kyrie Irving (@KyrieIrving) July 18, 2013
That should settle it, right? Probably not. This isn’t exactly a strong denial — just a reaction to someone claiming their source is “in the know.” He may very well to be planning to leave anyway. But we’re sure the people of Cleveland appreciate the show of… well, it’s not solidarity, not quite. It’s better than nothing, at least.
Photo via Getty
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row