- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- A DOUCHE IS BORN: SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- Falcons Fans Bro Out, Nearly Ruin Emotional Moment Between Deion Sanders And Devin Hester
- THE ONION: Fantasy Football In The NFL's Final Season Of Existence
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
SportsGrid Athletic Apparel Presents: The Miami Heat Nickname Jerseys
Ok, so the NBA released this statement that they’re considering using nicknames on the backs of players jerseys when the Heat play the Nets on March 12th and April 2nd (and Celtics on January 21st). Though it may sound strange, you’ve got to remember that David Stern likes jersey sales — a lot — so at every chance he gets, he throws in a “Noche Latina” or a throwback thursday or league sanctioned tee-shirt uniform redesign. It’s a shrewd move. But nicknames?
Not everybody has nicknames, right?
I mean, everybody knows King James, KG, The Truth, D-Wade, and Jesus Shuttlesworth (whose jersey was leaked by Spike Lee, who created the character for 1998′s “He Got Game”) but what about the other guys on the Miami/Brooklyn rosters? Realistically, we can safely assume that during their playing careers, they’ve garnered some sort of nickname for being relatively awesome at basketball. Or at least looking funny. Or just doing something memorable once, and having it follow them around for the rest of their lives in the form of a nickname (Jadeveon “Doo-Doo” Clowney comes to mind).
Assuming there are still some players who don’t have a nickname that fits, we’ve offered up a boat load suggestions for some of the lesser known players, and change the nicknames of a few to be more appropriate for the 2013-14 NBA season.
Here’s the Miami Heat nicknames, á la SportsGrid Athletic Apparel: (the Brooklyn Nets Nickname Jerseys can be found here.)
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?