- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Steph Curry Should Break the NBA Record For 3-Pointers Any Minute Now … Here’s His Shot Chart For The Season (With Update)
The Warriors’ Stephen Curry just tied Ray Allen’s NBA record for 3-pointers a couple of minutes ago, the Warriors leading the Trail Blazers 24-17 at the end of the first quarter. Curry is 1-for-6 from the arc so far. Allen set the mark of 269 3-pointers while playing for Seattle in 2005-06 (screw it we’re leaving town: I’m jacking up everything in sight), and Curry is seeking to break the record as close to Seattle as is currently possible. (UPDATE: He just broke it. 6:40 remaining in first half).
NBA.com has compiled a rather impressive — and festive — graphic of all of Curry’s 3-pointers this season. Feast your eyes.
Curry accomplished the tie with 62 fewer attempts than Allen.
Curry has been more efficient than Allen was the year he set the record. Allen shot 41.2% from three-point range in 2005; with one game remaining in the regular season, Curry is shooting 45.5% from long range.
109 players have taken 443 or more 3-point attempts in a season, but none have beaten Curry’s percentage. Curry is also the first player in NBA history to average six assists and three made 3-pointers per game in a season.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Compilation of TKO's, Injuries and Submissions of MMA
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee