- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- DeMarcus Cousins Should Be On The Next Comedy Central Roast
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
On The Verge Of An Historic Season, Steph Curry’s Three-Point Shot Chart Is Just Ridiculous
With one game left on the Warriors’ schedule, Stephen Curry needs just two more three-point field goals to break the single season record of 268 held by Ray Allen. If you’ve been watching Curry this season, you know he’s been lighting it up. If you haven’t, check out his shot chart, which is stacked with little green circles.
To make 267 three-pointers in 77 games means Curry must be shooting a ton of threes, and that’s true: his 589 attempts lead the league by a fair amount (his teammate, Klay Thompson, is third with 519, so it’s safe to say this team likes to shoot threes). But he’s also third in shooting percentage from deep, which probably makes him the best three-point shooter in the league when you consider that Jose Calderon, number one on that list, has just 282 attempts.
But numbers and words don’t do Curry’s season justice. Here’s his 2012-13 three-point shot chart (accurate up to today), which is chock full of made threes (from the awesome NBA Stats):
A few things to note, besides the obvious:
-He’s much less effective shooting straightaway than he is from the wings or corners.
-He’s 1/1 on shots that seem have be launched behind the basket.
-He’s 1/2 on shots near the half-court line.
-He’s a miserable 0/6 on shots beyond half-court — so, forget everything I said, this guy is garbage.
Curry will be gunning for the record tonight. As long as he doesn’t take all his shots from beyond half-court, he should be fine.
- Filed Under:
- Stephen Curry
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item
- Aaron Hernandez Paid $6 Million in Jail
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- Best Japanese Knockout Artist Coming To UFC