- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- KC TV Sports Anchor Pretty Clearly Calls KU The 'Gayhawks', Now Claims He Didn't Say It
- Fantasy NBA: Kobe Is Back, Plus Gay-Vasquez Trade Reaction
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Surprising: The Nets Want To Acquire Dwight Howard
The future of the NBA might be up in the air, but that’s not going to stop Dwight Howard free agency rumors from appearing on the internet.
The latest involve the New Jersey Nets, who are currently attempting to re-sign Deron Williams, and as a part of their pitch, they’re apparently promising their star point guard that they’ll make a run at the Orlando Magic big man when he becomes a free agent in the Summer of 2012.
The Nets, sources said, intend to make a hard push for Howard in an attempt to convince Williams to commit long term.
The Nets wanting Howard to play for them is nothing new or shocking. I can think of 29 other NBA teams who would also like the best center in basketball to play on their team.
But considering that the franchise has an adequate potential sign-and-trade centerpiece in Brook Lopez, will be moving to Brooklyn next year, and could pair Howard with one of the best point guards in Williams, the Nets appear to be a viable contender for Howard’s services in 2012.
If the lockout’s over by then, that is.
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Manny Pacquiao Eyes Revenge Return Bouts With Marquez, Bradley