- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Surprising: The Nets Want To Acquire Dwight Howard
The future of the NBA might be up in the air, but that’s not going to stop Dwight Howard free agency rumors from appearing on the internet.
The latest involve the New Jersey Nets, who are currently attempting to re-sign Deron Williams, and as a part of their pitch, they’re apparently promising their star point guard that they’ll make a run at the Orlando Magic big man when he becomes a free agent in the Summer of 2012.
The Nets, sources said, intend to make a hard push for Howard in an attempt to convince Williams to commit long term.
The Nets wanting Howard to play for them is nothing new or shocking. I can think of 29 other NBA teams who would also like the best center in basketball to play on their team.
But considering that the franchise has an adequate potential sign-and-trade centerpiece in Brook Lopez, will be moving to Brooklyn next year, and could pair Howard with one of the best point guards in Williams, the Nets appear to be a viable contender for Howard’s services in 2012.
If the lockout’s over by then, that is.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen