- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Surprising: The Nets Want To Acquire Dwight Howard
The future of the NBA might be up in the air, but that’s not going to stop Dwight Howard free agency rumors from appearing on the internet.
The latest involve the New Jersey Nets, who are currently attempting to re-sign Deron Williams, and as a part of their pitch, they’re apparently promising their star point guard that they’ll make a run at the Orlando Magic big man when he becomes a free agent in the Summer of 2012.
The Nets, sources said, intend to make a hard push for Howard in an attempt to convince Williams to commit long term.
The Nets wanting Howard to play for them is nothing new or shocking. I can think of 29 other NBA teams who would also like the best center in basketball to play on their team.
But considering that the franchise has an adequate potential sign-and-trade centerpiece in Brook Lopez, will be moving to Brooklyn next year, and could pair Howard with one of the best point guards in Williams, the Nets appear to be a viable contender for Howard’s services in 2012.
If the lockout’s over by then, that is.
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Carmelo Checks Out Woman Sitting Courtside