- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
The 10 Sweetest Old School NBA Logos Of All Time
We love the NBA. But most of the current logos for NBA teams are lame. They are lame for a variety of reasons: Some have weird, petty details like the blue shadows on the wings of the (Atlanta) Hawk. Some are overly specific, like the (Washington) Wizard being, literally, a wizard that can ball. They’re almost too polished. We don’t like that.
When searching for logos to use for our NBA Power Rankings, I came across SportsLogos.net, which has records of every logo each NBA team, current or dead, has used to the present day. Obviously, logos that were designed in the 1960s and 1970s were much cooler than the ones used today, because people were generally more awesome back then. It’s not a knock against the present, per se — but when your cultural touchstones are things like phones that are also cameras and Buzzfeed, you’re just not going be that cool. Sorry.
So we put together the sweetest “old school” logos we could find, for your viewing pleasure. In this instance, “old school” means anything that isn’t used currently (with one exception), and sweetest means dopest, or trillest, or whatever the kids are saying these days to define “cool.”
Note: We tried to limit ourselves to NBA teams that currently exist, but we threw on a few extra at the end that we couldn’t help but include.
What do you think? Did we leave any out? Let us know.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts