- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
The 10 Sweetest Old School NBA Logos Of All Time
We love the NBA. But most of the current logos for NBA teams are lame. They are lame for a variety of reasons: Some have weird, petty details like the blue shadows on the wings of the (Atlanta) Hawk. Some are overly specific, like the (Washington) Wizard being, literally, a wizard that can ball. They’re almost too polished. We don’t like that.
When searching for logos to use for our NBA Power Rankings, I came across SportsLogos.net, which has records of every logo each NBA team, current or dead, has used to the present day. Obviously, logos that were designed in the 1960s and 1970s were much cooler than the ones used today, because people were generally more awesome back then. It’s not a knock against the present, per se — but when your cultural touchstones are things like phones that are also cameras and Buzzfeed, you’re just not going be that cool. Sorry.
So we put together the sweetest “old school” logos we could find, for your viewing pleasure. In this instance, “old school” means anything that isn’t used currently (with one exception), and sweetest means dopest, or trillest, or whatever the kids are saying these days to define “cool.”
Note: We tried to limit ourselves to NBA teams that currently exist, but we threw on a few extra at the end that we couldn’t help but include.
What do you think? Did we leave any out? Let us know.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce