- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
The Daily Yam: Even Though He Missed The Shot Afterward, Manu Ginobili’s Last-Second Ankle-Breaker Was Sublime
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you the top play from the night before, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, the Spurs came up short against the Warriors in OT despite a valiant effort — which pretty much sums up this late-game crossover by Ginobili.
Your Daily Yam.
It feels ridiculous to highlight a play that ends in a brick — particularly a game-deciding brick. However, you don’t see a killer crossover every day, and so we must give props for Ginobili making Harrison Barnes look like the rookie he is:
On the playground, that fall would have been accompanied by a collective “Ohhhhhhh!” from the crowd and Barnes would have heard about it all night. In the NBA, however, all that matters is the outcome, and Barnes’ team was the winner. So it’s all good.
What Else Happened Last Night?
In the NHL, the Red Wings closed out Ducks in a decisive Game 7, 3-2; the Maple Leafs and Rangers both forced Game 7s of their own against the Bruins and Capitals, respectively; the Indians beat the Tigers 4-3 in 10 innings; the Yankees finished out a sweep of the Royals with a 4-2 victory.
What’s On Tap Today?
Heat-Bulls at 7 p.m. ET; Thunder-Grizzlies at 9:30 p.m. ET; those NHL Game 7′s we told you about? The ones the Leafs and Rangers forced last night? Well, they’re tonight at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m., respectively. If you’re ever going to watch a hockey game, Game 7 is the time.
It’s Monday. Have some coffee, maybe a bagel. You’ll be alright.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles