- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The Daily Yam: So What If Kawhi Leonard Couldn’t Ice It Last Night — At Least He Can Yam
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Kawhi Leonard dunked all over Mike Miller’s face. Unfortunately, that dunk was only worth the usual two points, which would come back to haunt the Spurs.
Your Daily Yam.
Let’s get this play out of the way first, as it was awesome: Leonard’s yam on Miller came in the first quarter and seemed to set the tone for the Spurs as a whole:
Now with the Phantom camera, please:
So we know that this kid can yam. We know he can score down low. We know he can grab boards and defend well and shoot threes. But we also now know that he’s not the best free throw shooter in the clutch. Leonard had a chance to put the game away with two free throw attempts at the 19.4 second mark, but he clanked the first one. That opened the door for this, and everything that followed:
You can’t say enough about how clutch Ray Allen is. You also have to give immense props to Bosh for snagging that board and finding Allen in the corner. Sadly, none of it happens if young Kawhi hits the first free throw. This kid will be great for years to come, and it takes a team to lose a game — but that’s still gotta sting. Oh well, at least he can yam.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The U.S. beat Honduras 1-0 in their World Cup qualifer; the Pirates blanked the Reds 4-0; the Red Sox waited through a rain delay to beat the Rays 5-1.
What’s On Tap Today?
Hockey: Game 4 is tonight at 8 p.m.
It’s Wednesday. Halfway.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts