- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Daily Yam: LeBron Dunked In Transition, Bro Was Amazed
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you the top play from the night before, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night the Heat, led by some dude named LeBron James, took care of business against the Bucks. Hard.
Your Daily Yam
Barring a few lulls (or: moments of hopeful excitement, if you’re a Bucks fan) the Heat cruised to a Game 1 victory over the Bucks last night. The outcome was never in doubt, and the game was summed up early on by this fastbreak, which was triggered by Monta Ellis driving and failing to keep possession. Then the Big 3 ran out in transition, and the rest is history (via That NBA Lottery Pick):
LeBron James dunking ferociously over a non-existent Bucks team. Sounds like this whole series in a nutshell already. By the way, can we get a closeup of the awe in this Miami bro’s face?
Possible captions include “Wow,” “Jeez” and “Golly.”
What Else Happened Last Night?
Very little excitement in Sunday’s NBA playoff lineup — the Spurs beat the Lakers 91-79, the Pacers handled the Hawks 107-90 and the Thunder dominated the Rockets 120-91.
What’s On Tap Today?
You enjoyed those playoff games this weekend, you say? Well, there’s a whole lot more where those came from. Game 2 of Bulls-Nets is on in Brooklyn at 8 p.m. ET, then it’s Grizzlies-Clippers in L.A. at 10:30 p.m. ET (7:30 local time); in baseball, the Athletics visit the Red Sox in a matchup of “teams that are surprisingly decent” at 6:35 p.m ET, and the Braves take on the Rockies at 8:35 p.m. ET.
I know it’s tough, considering it’s Monday and all — but have a good day, would you?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story