- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Daily Yam: Thanks To The Summer League, We Have An Actual Yam For You
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Yesterday, Reggie Jackson brought some THUNDER (get it?) to the Summer League with a yam that will make you say, “Aw, man, I miss basketball.”
Your Daily Yam.
Not that we don’t love baseball, but The Daily Yam was built on dunks. That’s why we are so pleased to see little Reggie Jackson going hard in the paint, even in July. Props must also be given to Mason Plumlee for his dunks, but we love it when little guys throw it down, so here you go:
That’s Summer League for you: “Something something Roy Hibbert hook shot WOW HUGE DUNK.”
Also, nice help defense from number 23 (Rodney McGruder?) on the Magic there.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Mets played another billion inning game, edging the Giants 4-3; the As got past the Pirates in Pittsburgh 2-1; the Tigers beat the Indians 4-2 in 10.
What’s On Tap Today?
The USMNT takes on Belize at 11 p.m. ET in the CONCACAF Gold Cup. Stay up late for that one, if that’s your thing.
It’s Tuesday. We’re getting there.
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row