- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Daily Yam: Roy Hibbert Blew Everybody’s Minds With This One
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you the top play from the night before, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Roy Hibbert surprised me, himself, the entire NBA, the free world and aliens on other planets with this massive dunk.
Your Daily Yam
Roy Hibbert is not a big dunker by trade. He’s an extremely tall, lanky, kind of awkward-looking dude who has produced enough at his position to become an All-Star. But something must have come over the guy during this pick n’ roll last night, because he wasn’t interested in finesse or deft touch or pivot feet. He was interested in yamming it on Ivan Johnson.
That’s like seeing a rare bird in the wild. How beautiful. Enjoy it, folks.
What Else Happened Last Night?
It was all chalk in the NBA, as the Thunder escaped the Rockets 105-102, the Spurs handled the Lakers 102-91, and the Pacers continued enjoying their first round bye by beating the Hawks 113-98; the Rays shut out the Yankees at home 3-0 to take the series; the Cardinals swept the Nationals by besting Stephen Strasburg and crew 4-2.
What’s On Tap Today?
Three NBA games: Bucks-Heat at 7 p.m. ET, Bulls-Nets at 8:30 p.m. ET, Grizz-Clips at 9:30 p.m. ET; but who cares about actual athletic competition — the NFL Draft starts tonight at 8 p.m. ET. Get primed here.
It’s Thursday. You thirsty?
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts